Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Standing For Transformation

Seriously I think I just blinked an an entire month went by!! Since I last posted I am proud to say that I delivered two successful workshops. My first workshop with Freedom Within Coaching was mid-February. Sarah and I co-led a workshop on what stops people from having what they want. Our new business, Freedom Within Coaching, is designed to coach people who struggle with significant weight to lose. I am a stand in this world and in my life that everyone I touch is personally empowered in some way to make positive and healthy changes in their lives. We had five people at our workshop and the feedback we received was simply amazing. I had to really put aside my stories of "not good enough" and allow myself to be present to the power that words can have, the power that I can have. What I got really present to in that workshop was how much I still doubted my ability to do it, and what I got even more was that was all a story in my own head. This was the first workshop I was involved in where people were paying me money to be there, that's kind of scary - ok let's be real it's really scary. What I realized though was I had delivered several workshops for BDHQ and didn't have this value piece attached, because I did it for free, but then I got that the people who were attending those workshops still expected a value for their time - regardless if they were paying me or not. Basically what i'm saying is that I had to give up an expectation that I was to be perfect and just be me. The result was amazing feedback and personal empowerment for me leading into the next BDHQ workshop.

The second workshop I just led was for Biggest Winners at BDHQ called "What Makes You Beautiful". I went into the workshop with a different mind set than before, I knew that I was the only one putting expectations of perfection on myself and I let that go. I was authentically and honestly me, shared what was important and empowered the participants to do the same. Thank you to the people who were there, you all made a difference in my life as you do every day. I still have the worksheet on the wall and read it every day.



So what's next? What does March hold? We'll im off to Seattle on Friday for my first weekend for the The Introduction Leaders Program with Landmark Education (update to come); a planning meeting for the upcoming Journey to Balance event happening May 26th (mark your calendars) in which I just agreed to moderate the panel *gulp; another amazing Body Love workshop put on by my friend Tara of Big Life Coaching, happening March 16th (spots still available). I'm sure there's more, that's all I can think of right now, I may need to add in some ME time in there somewhere.

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe."
- Anatole France

1 comment:

Cindy said...

so awesome and so cool that you're doing workshops! i love how you've taken your life experience and helping others...inspiring!