Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Giving It Up

Over the last couple weeks I've been working on giving up. Yes you read that right, giving up, that is giving up on my story in my head. The story goes like this "You can't do this, who do you think you are, you aren't important enough". That story has stopped me dead in my tracks so many times I can't even list them all. That story stopped me from losing weight for many years because I honestly believed I couldn't do it. Well I crushed that story, it no longer exists for me in the world of weight loss; however, it does still exist for me in other areas of my life. Specifically in the area of leadership. This story has come up daily for me over the last few weeks, specifically because I am living a life where I have created areas for me to be a leader.

My first paid workshop with Freedom Within Coaching is coming up on February 17th and we already have several people signed up. I am committed that each person takes something away from this workshop. In that commitment my story of "I can't do this" keeps coming up and I keep repeating "I can do this, I am empowering". One thought, one action, one feeling at a time I am crushing this story. If I allow that story to take over, then I won't fulfill on my commitment that everyone takes something away.

I recognize it's all about me putting aside my story to live a life where I can fulfill on what I want to bring to this world. Setting fear aside and doing it in spite of fear, feeling the fear and doing it anyway. I also recognize that this story may not ever go away, and that's ok, but it's all about recognizing it and not allowing it to run my life. I am NOT my story.

What's the story that's been running your life? What are you committed to giving up? What will this make possible for you?

No comments: