Sunday, October 21, 2012

Keepin' it Simple

This week we focused on keeping it simple. Especially when starting on a weight loss journey, it is often overwhelming to change everything at once. So the focus was just to pick simple foods, no need to try a new recipe every week. I practice the simple technique alot, in fact I actually make "trying a new recipe" a goal because I find my food to often be very boring. But boring works, boring keeps me focused and on track (most of the time).

My struggle this week was getting back from a trip, not feeling like I had time to get organized, getting my period and feeling hormonal...all a compound effect that led to not nearly as good of a food week than I needed. All of this was also compounded by the added stress of knowing I have to weigh in for the ten pound challenge in a couple of weeks. I'm not quite sure what came over my decision making parts of my brain when deciding to join the challenge as I know every other time I've done it it has messed with my head and had the opposite effect on my motivation. This time I have two weeks to lose nearly 10 lbs, its just not realistic to make it happen. Sure I could go drastic and I could lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks but it would not be done in a healthy way. I am committed to having a good food week, lots of workouts and water and if my body wants to let go of 10 lbs in 2 weeks then fantastic, if not then that's ok too. I am at peace with whatever happens. I am not willing to be drastic because that will lead me right back to gaining the weight again.

This week my goal is to make my 3 BDHQ workouts and then add in 2 days of swimming laps and 1 short 5K run. I'm feeling very optimistic with my running and even ran up a hill three times today!! that is three times in an entire year and I did it today - woohoo! Patience and persistence, that's what im practicing this week.

No comments: