Tuesday, September 4, 2012

When I Grow Up

September - WOW - school's back, but not me. I'm just back to work. Pretty good news though, I got offered a permanent job with the feds so i'm not being sent back to the province anymore. I did love my province job and peeps, but was feeling a lot of stress with the impending pay cut so i'm relived that I get to stay put where I am.

September always makes me think back to school though. It was always exciting starting a new year, knowing I was that much closer to getting OUT! The question, what do you wanna be when you grow up? Some said doctors, some lawyers or teachers. My answer, I wanted to be beautiful and happy, I actually wrote that in a journal "I just want to be pretty and be noticed, I want to feel happy". Thinking back to my school days it was not a happy time for me, I was pretty alone, depressed and not liking life at all. I cried myself to sleep many nights or ate myself to the point of needing to pass out. What a complete 180 life has done since then. It makes me think of the Pussycat Dolls song "When I Grow Up"

When I grow up, I wanna be famous
I wanna be a star, I wanna be in movies
When I grow up, I wanna see the world
Drive nice cars, I wanna have groupies

When I grow up, be on TV
People know me, be on magazines
When I grow up, fresh and clean
Number one chick when I step out on the scene

But be careful what you wish for
'Cause you just might get it
You just might get it
You just might get it


I'm all grown up now and a much different person than I was 12 years ago when I was entering grade 12. I've seen lots of the world, drive a pretty nice car, have lots of friends (aka groupies ;)), been on TV, in a magazine and like to think of myself as pretty fresh and clean (except perhaps after a workout). I feel like the #1 chick when I go out, because I choose to put myself out there for the world to see, no hiding! Everything I wished for came true, it came true because I worked my ass off and challenged myself. So no need to be careful of what you wish for, just wish for what you want and make it happen! What do you WANT? Are you willing to do anything you need to make it happen? The one thing I believe more than anything is that you can have anything you want if you put your mind to it and do the work. Are you willing to work for what you want? I regret to inform you that no one is going to do it for you, so go out and make your wants into reality NOW, not 12 years from now.

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are" EE Cummings

No comments: