Monday, July 2, 2012

A Fresh Start

Last week was the finish of another session of Biggest Winners. We had some fabulous results with Michelle coming out (by very close margin) as winner of the last session.


She looks fantastic!! Michelle lost 34.6 pounds and 32 inches in just 12 weeks - pure motivation right there - and so proud of your commitment to this program Michelle. No excuses, no gimmicks, she worked the program and it payed off big time. Honorable mention goes to Jaylene who lost 34 lbs and also looks fabulous. Rhonda also lost 20 inches off her body. All three of these women exude so much happiness and I can just see the progress both mentally and physically.

Success like this is the reason that I continue to do this. Though I have to admit (as you all know from my last few posts) that my motivation has been lacking with the lack of workout out and not being on track. I'm happy to report i'm not 194 lbs which is what I got up to right after surgery. My starting weight for this next session is 185 lbs, and my goal is 25 lbs which is 2 lbs a week. But to be honest, i'm not concerned about the number, my goal is really to find that feeling of control again, that feeling of power that comes with saying no to the bad food. So this session Nicki and I have challenged each other to an ambassador challenge - she has titled it Good vs. Evil. Who will prevail? Well my wager is on myself of coarse ;), but I think we will both come out winners in the end getting ourselves back on track and having fun in the interm.

I've made myself a vision board / tracking chart for this challenge and it is hanging in my living room right beside my TV (I can see it right now in fact). I'm a pretty motivated person when it comes to challenges, especially if i'm being called out publicly, so I think this is the perfect thing to keep me accountable this summer.


So you can't really see the chart, but there is a place for every single day for the next 12 weeks, and every day there is a check box for food / water / workout / plank. So for every day I get a check mark in every place I get a point (same for Nicki) and the person with the most points at the end wins - there will be some bonus points as well based on group challenges within the program. What do we win? well just bragging rights, and our "control" back of our own health really. So day one was yesterday, got all my check marks and am on track to get them all today as well. I also put my goals on the vision board for this session which are: 4 minute plank, 160lbs, run 5KM without pain, and wear a size 8.

With the plank, that ties into another challenge which Emily and I have just decided on. During fitness testing on Sunday I held a 3 minute plank, which I have done before, and she held a 3:05. We have challenged each other to get to a 4 minute plank by our next fitness test in 12 weeks. So in order for me to do that I am going to do a plank every single day for the next 12 weeks to build up the strength. Like I said i'm motivated by challenges, I don't like to lose, so I have some serious work ahead of me but i'm ready for it.

“The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change their future by merely changing their attitude.” -Oprah Winfrey

No comments: