Monday, December 5, 2011

Reverb 2011 - Day 5 & 6

Day 5 Prompt 5 on 5

What are 5 things you have done for yourself in 2011?
-I truly put myself first this year. I put my needs first, even though I still struggle with being a people pleaser, I have learned how to balance that with putting what I need above all else. If I can't take care of myself then I can't be a good friend, wife, aunty or daughter.
-I stood up for my beliefs, I voiced my concerns and feel like I have become a stronger person.
-I trained, trained, trained and trained some more to ensure I reached goals I never thought were possible.
-I taught myself how to accept me for who I am and love my body
-I celebrated my accomplishments through means other than food

What are 5 things you have done for others in 2011?
-I helped someone make the decision to get healthy
-I listened and helped a friend through a tough time
-I helped raise money for charity
-I bought a gift for a child I didn't know
-I coached someone I had never met over the phone about how to find motivation

What are 5 things that held you back from doing things for others?
-Feeling as though my help is not wanted
-Never wanting to burden someone who doesn't want help
-Finances
-Spending time putting myself first
-Time management

What are 5 things that you want to do for yourself in 2012?
-finish what I started, reach 200 lbs lost
-continue blogging
-run another 1/2 marathon
-complete a triathlon
-run the TC 10K in under an hour

What are 5 things you want to do for others in 2012?
-inspire someone to chose to start their journey
-teach someone how to run
-be a friendly ear
-lead by example
-inspire

Day 6 Laughter

Reflect on the last time you laughed so hard your sides hurt, your mascara ran down your face, or you wet your pants?

I find this question really hard to answer. I have had a hard time showing my emotions, happiness/sadness, doesn't matter what end of the spectrum. It is hard for me to show my feelings to most people, even laughter. The one person that has the ability to make me laugh so hard I want to cry is my husband though, I can't really pinpoint an exact time, but I do know that he can make me smile and laugh even when i'm trying to be mad. This can be frustrating, sometimes I just want to be mad!! LOL.

No comments: