Sunday, December 4, 2011

Reverb 2011 - Day 4 Addition through subtraction

What have you let go of this year and how has it affected you?

I have truly let go of the need to focus on the number on the scale. Like I said yesterday, once I got under 200, really the number became meaningless. It took me a long time to get into that head space of not caring about it, but I can honestly say I am there. I still weigh in every week, but my focus is not on what the scale says, my focus is on how strong and amazing I feel. I focus on how my clothes fit, instead of what number appears every week. I will always weigh myself weekly to ensure I am on track and accountable, but what the number says does not define me as a person, nor should it define anyone. By letting go of the need to focus on the number it has allowed me to be more focused on being healthy and defining healthy by my actions. I am healthy at 170 lbs, even though by definition that is still overweight, I am healthy because I live a healthy weight and that number does not define me.

No comments: