Friday, December 2, 2011

Reverb 2011 - Day 2 My Children Will Do It Differently

TGIF!! :) Today's reverb is "my children will do it differently". If you're interested where i'm getting these from you can google REVERB11 or also subscribe to some blogs that will email it out. I get mine from http://reverb11.geekinhard.com/

Day 2: My Children Will Do it Differently
If you could choose one thing that your children will do or experience in a different way than you have, what would it be and why?

I never want my children to experience the pain of loneliness, the feeling that no one in he world is there for you. That was my experience for many years, the loneliness led to the food which led to the weight which led to more loneliness = a vicious cycle. Food was my friend, it didn't talk back, well it didn't talk period which I guess is why I was so lonely. I never want my children to have to feel the pain of watching their classmates experience milestones while they sit in the background. I want my children to be strong, independent, compassionate and kind. I want them to go to the parties and have what would be classified as "normal teenage experiences". I want them to live life to the fullest.

I recognize I cannot go back and change my childhood or my teenage years. I am older, healthier, stronger and wiser. I do recognize however that I want more for my children than what I had. I will raise them to be strong enough to do what I was unable to do for many years, love themselves.

No comments: