Thursday, December 1, 2011

Reverb 2011 - Day 1 One Word

I came across this concept called reverb last night and it intrigued me. I was reading it on someone elses blog and it spread through many blogs. The idea is to look back on your year and find moments that you want to remember or document. It doesn't have to be in the form of a blog, it could be a simple daily journal, or whatever, or you don't even have to do this every day. But the people organizing this "reverb" will post/email daily promts and you then write something based on that prompt. I read through a few of the entries from 2010 and it just seemed like an amazing way to reflect on what has happened over the last year, those little moments big or small. So here I go, be prepared to hear alot more from me!! I can't promise every day, and if I don't make it one day then I will double up on the next, that's my intent :).

Day 1: One Word
Encapsulate the year 2011 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word.
Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2012 for you?

To me 2011 was the year that I reached a normal weight, I went from obese to normal in my body fat, I fit into regular sized clothing and I started to feel normal. So if I had to encapsulate 2011 in one word it would be success. Even though I have been on this weight loss journey for nearly four years, 2011 I finally started to feel successful. I finally saw what I did as an achievement, instead of a failure that I was trying to fix.

2012 for me in one word is final. I know that I will see myself reach 200 lbs lost, I will discover new strength, I will attempt new feats, I will continue to move forward in the never ending journey of health and wellness and I will finish what I started.

I'd love to hear from you guys, how do you encapsulate 2011? and what would you use to capture 2012?

No comments: