Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 in Review

Another year done, a new about to start, wow how time flies. I just looked back on the post I wrote last year about the lessons I had learned "10 Lessons of 2010" and I realized that these lessons are still the same, except the lessons are now my life. The biggest difference between now and this time last year is that I am now in a place that I can say I am happy with where I am in my journey. For the first time in my entire life I will not be entering a new year with my main priorities/goals being non scale related, but rather fitness related. I still have a number goal, but as I said it is not my priority anymore.

A new year means new goals, new wants and new focus, but that doesn't mean we should forget what was accomplished in these last 365 days.

I am proud because...
1. I reached a total weight loss of 190 lbs
2. I lost 3% body fat & gained 9% in hydration. I lost 3.5 inches off my chest, 3.5 inches off my bra line, 2 inches off my upper thigh, 1 inch off my lower thigh, 1 inch off my arm, 4.5 inches off my waist, 7.5 inches off my belly button and 5 inches off my hips.
3. I ran a 1/2 marathon
4. I ran 10KM in 1:01
5. I rode a 75K bike ride
6. I went kayaking
7. I learned how to Stand Up Paddleboard
8. I completed the full course of Wildplay
9. I became a more open person and developed new relationships and friendships
10. I was asked to be an ambassador for the Biggest Winners program
11. I was close to being chosen to be in People Magazine
12. I learned how to have fun
13. I am wearing a size 10 and a medium/large shirt and no longer shop in any plus size stores.

And what do I want to accomplish in 2012? What is on my bucket list?
1. I want to be able to do a chin up, just one!
2. I want to run another 1/2 marathon
3. I want to run a marathon
4. I want to run the TC10K in under 1 hour
5. I want to go caving
6. I want to have a family
7. I want to go paragliding
8. I want to go river rafting
9. I want to have boudoir photos taken
10. I want to wear a size 6
11. I want to hike the west coast trail
12. I want to organize my office and KEEP it organized
13. I want to experiment more with my cooking
14. I want to create a vision quilt of my journey
15. I want to send birthday cards and Christmas cards (ties into the organization)
16. I want to create a 2012 time capsule to read next new years eve
17. I want to take a fitness course
18. I want to stick to my current financial budget
19. I want to take a dance class
20. I want to read more
21. I want to do more yoga, to offset all the running and avoid further injury
22. I want to complete the Tour de Victoria in June
23. I want to play slo pitch again
24. I want to document my blog in a book
25. I want to create a personalized tshirt/hoodie for me

I am looking forward to a year full of building friendships, living life and creating moments. I am blessed to have an amazing support network and community that will enable me to accomplish these things. Happy New Year to everyone who has supported me I hope 2012 brings you success and happiness, however that may look.

January 2011


December 2011

No comments: