Wednesday, November 2, 2011

New Wants

I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want, So tell me what you want, what you really really want, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really really really wanna zigazig ha. Ok so I don't really know what zigazig means, but it sounds cool, maybe I do want it, but it's not on my list. But what do I really want? I've made list after list about what I want, but this is an ongoing exercise and time to do it all over again.

My first want list was in January. I completed several goals and then created a new want list in May.

The May list was:
1-to be successful in the 10lb challenge
2-to have a family
3-to run a 1/2 marathon in 2011
4-to be satisfied in my job
5-to reach 200lbs lost by December 31, 2011
6-to get my asthma tested
7-to get my focus back on losing weight
8-to do "spring cleaning" on the house
9-to ride my bike
10-to play soccer
11-to feel in control again
12-to develop a new relationship with the word no
13-to start hiking again
14-to read a book (I don't read enough)
15-to be successful in the current job competition at work
16-to keep blogging
17-to create a 5 year business/career plan
18-to register at Camosun for accounting in the fall
19-to declutter our bedroom
20-to create a training plan for the 1/2 marathon in October

I can say I've successfully completed several of these items. I was successful in the 10lb challenge, I ran the half marathon,I got my asthma tested, i'm focused, I road my bike, played soccer and hiked I got a promotion at work, I registered and am completing my accounting course and I have been blogging. So what do I want NOW?

1-to run again
2-to have a family
3-to feel like I am successful in my job
4-to reach 200lbs lost by December 31, 2011
5-to obtain an A in my accounting class
6-to start planning my homemade gifts for Christmas
7-to finish my accounting project
8-to wear a size 8
9-to feel 100%

My list has decreased in size. I think in part because alot of the things I want right now are contingent on me actually being able to run. For example I want to complete another 1/2 marathon and beat my time but if I can't run then that's not going to happen, I want to complete a sprint triathlon, I want to run the TC10K in under an hour. All these things I want in addition to my above list are contingent on me recovering from this injury. Part of me doesn't want to write these additional wants down on my list because I am scared to death that I won't be able to run again.

For now it is just listen to my body, be 100% on track with my food and stay positive and hopeful that I will recover fast.

So tell me what YOU want, what you really really want.

No comments: