Monday, September 5, 2011

Goodbye Long Weekends

Oh long weekends how I love you. And now it's my last :( well for awhile. I will no longer be on 4 day work weeks, instead i'll be back to 5 days with two of those days being short days. I know it's all worth it, but it's kind of sad because I really loved my long weekends. Starting Wednesday I will officially be a student again, WEIRD!! I'm starting back at Camosun taking accounting two mornings a week so I will go into work late those two days. No more lunch time workouts for me, but I can now fit in some morning ones at least. My schedule will come, i'll figure it out over the next couple of weeks as I see how the school thing plays out.

But let me tell you about how this weekend went. Friday was my glorious rest day, oh how it was needed after the 18KM run. Saturday John and I went to outdoor bootcamp at Beaver Lake for fitness tests. I could defiantly tell my legs/hips/body were not healed from the 18KM because I ran my fastest 1K in 5:45 and I felt like I was going to die after that. Really, I know I could have done better if my legs were fresh. After bootcamp we went with Nicki and her boys to the Saanich Fair. Let me tell you I am no longer 15!! or even 19!! The berries did me in. I don't think I've ever actually felt like I was going to be nauseous and could not contain it. I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate on other things for what felt like the longest 2 minutes of my life. And after that I was pretty much done for the day. Heat + Berry Ride = Not a happy Bri!! Sunday was Biggest Winners in the morning with not such a good weigh in, I was up 0.5 lbs, but really I don't care at this point because I know its a side effect of all the running. You would think that running would help you lose weigh, well not when you are running for 2 hours and putting that much stress on your body. My body is retaining fluid like crazy. Sunday afternoon we headed out to Beaver Lake and had a nice relaxing afternoon. Today I had the pleasure of meeting the beautiful Keira Elizabeth Pringle - congratulations Stephanie & Jordan so happy for your new addition.

Following my squishy baby time, and containing my emotions, I headed out to Thetis Lake with Kristine & Gina for a lovely swim to the island and back. Let me tell you, that was the freaking hardest thing I've done in a long time. I swear it was easier the last time I did it, and I was 60 lbs heavier - fat floats apparently. That 40 minute swim was a HARD workout, I was even having an asthma attack but made it. Overall it was a lovely, gorgeous weekend but back to work tomorrow and back to a full time work week for the next three months.

No comments: