Sunday, September 25, 2011

Getting Organized

I've found myself very overwhelmed this last week. School, work, pressure, failures, the list goes on and on. You know when you just have one of those weeks where everything just seems too much? That seemed to be my week. I was going through the motions and doing what I was supposed to do but feeling overwhelmed with everything which is not like me. On a positive note I was down 2.5 lbs this week and finished this session of Biggest Winners at 178 which is below my 50% goal. Now the key is to stay focused and on track this week while we are "off". Really, we are never on a vacation from our health but this is really the closest you can get. I also need to try to prioritize better this week and not let myself get overwhelmed. This is going to mean I need to be organized today, finish my homework, write out my schedule for the week and JUST DO IT!

I started my hot yoga Groupon this last week and actually started to enjoy it. I've done hot yoga before, and really didn't like it at all, but when the Groupon is $30 and I was going with a friend I figured i'd give it another shot. I went with my niece Madison on Tuesday night, she was just extremely flexible as i'm struggling to hold my leg up but you know she's a teenager and well i'm not :). Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised to be down 1.5 lbs the next morning and to be able to maintain that. Nicki joined me on Thursday night for another class. I think the difference between this time and the last time is that well apart from the obvious that I am much smaller, I could actually feel a difference. I had kind of pulled or strained my hamstring a few days before because it was so tight from all the running. After doing just one class I could feel it was much loser and didn't hurt as much. Though I still can't say that i'm addicted and love it, but I can say that I can see a benefit from it and will actually keep doing it for the rest of the Groupon. This week since there is no Biggest Winners I will probably try to go a few more times.

I will also need to do a couple of runs this week in preparation for the 1/2 marathon but I am done with the super long distances now and can just do smaller distances. I do feel ready though and excited to run it. My goal is 2:20 and I think I can totally do that.

Now it's time to get organized and on track for the week: prep food, do homework, do laundry, clean house, organize email/blog. I know I will feel less overwhelmed once that is all done and I can relax for the rest of the day.

HAPPY SUNDAY :)

No comments: