Sunday, June 26, 2011

New Beginnings

Today was the end of another Biggest Winner session and the end of my full time commitment to the program. I'm a little sad to be leaving and will miss the comradery of everyone in the group. I will still be attending on Sunday's which will make me accountable to weighing in. I'm not at my final goal weight of 160, but I am at a place that I am satisfied at where I am. I will continue to work towards my goal and know that I will accomplish it. Completion of this session means that I have completed one whole year of Biggest Winners and nearly one whole year of writing this blog. Wow has time flown!!

Looking back I am so grateful to have found an such an amazing program that has helped me become the woman I am today. I am first and foremost a much smaller version of me. I am stronger, happier, healthier, more confident and have faith that I can accomplish anything. Without the support of BDHQ, my fellow Biggest Winner participants and my support group I wouldn't have been able to accomplish as much as I have.

Here is just a small list of the things I accomplished in this last year of Biggest Winners:

#1: I went from 248 lbs to 185 lbs, a loss of 63 lbs
#2: I went from a size 22 to a size 10
#3: I have lost a total of 48 inches, most noticeably 12 inches around my belly button
#4: I learned how to run and love it
#5: I have conquered several beautiful hikes over the last year including Mt. Doug, Mt. Finalyson and Mt. Work
#6: I started playing sports again (soccer & softball)
#7: I made the decision that my best is enough and I believe it

I would not be able to achieve these things without some key people...
Michele - thank you for creating such an amazing program, I will be forever greatful for what you and BDHQ has done for me. You make me want to push harder and be successful.
Lovisa - thank you for the encouragement in the workouts and helping me learn how to run. Without your support I would never have learned that I am capable of pushing myself further than I though possible.
Dawn - thank you for being a smiling face on Thursday mornings, knowing that you were going to train us got me out of bed at 5AM and to the gym.
Tonia - you befriended me day 1 and we have been friends ever since. Thank you for always being there and being a supportive ear. Thank you for running with me and talking to me while I am just trying to breathe.
All my running buddies - Christa, Nicki, Sarah, Tricia - let's keep running!!
John - thank you for always being supportive of my goals, I love you XOXO.

I am looking forward to this next chapter in my life and moving forward. I have changed my schedule at work so that I can start to come to lunch time classes or run. It's going to make for some really long days, but I think it will be worth it and in the end give me a bit more free time. I'm going to continue with my sports and training for the 1/2 marathon in October. I will continue writing my blog and being accountable to everyone that follows me. Cheers to new beginnings!!

1 comment:

Gail said...

cheers - Brianna - congratulations - you are a WINNER - wow what a year - thanks for posting.... love to connect soon.... You are truly INSPIRING -Gail