Sunday, May 29, 2011

THE Magic Formula of Weight Loss

I get told all the time "it's so easy for you". I get this from colleagues, friends and even just acquaintances. I try not to let it bother me, but sometimes it does, because honestly this is not easy, i'm not going to lie to anyone, this is HARD. I commit time each week to ensure I am enabling myself to reach my goal. Yes it is easier than it was when I started, but it's not by any means easy. I know what it's like to be at the back of the group and the last one up the hill, we all start there, but that's all part of the journey.

I can tell you that these last two weeks have not been easy for me at all, I've been totally on track with my work outs and my food has been pretty good, though not excellent, but my attitude I have to say has not been on the right track. I like to think that i'm good at motivating others to do what's necessary and to be a supportive friend, but sometimes I need to learn to take my own advice and not beat myself up so much. I've been pretty emotional and part of me is scared, i'm scared that i'm not going to finish this, i'm not going to finish what I started and I don't want that. I want so bad to reach 160 and say I lost 200 lbs. I know everything I have to do, I know that means being more than just good with my food, it means being excellent with my food. I know it means that I need extra cardio in my workout regimes. I know it means drinking my 4 liters of water every day and taking my vitamins. I realize this is a process and a journey, just like I tell everyone else who is struggling so I just have to take my own advice and accept that I will finish this but it may just not be on the timeline that I was hoping. I won't fail if i'm not perfect, i'll fail if i'm not committed to improving myself every day and I am committed to improving myself.

The bottom line is, there is no magic formula to weight loss, the key is consistency. Be consistent with your food, your workouts, your water and keep a positive attitude. That is my advice to others so I need to take my own advice and suck it up and get back on track NOW! :)

1 comment:

Mama said...

love that comment. WTG girl