Saturday, February 12, 2011

Looking Forward - Vision Boarding

Today was the start of another health dedicated weekend. This morning Nicki and I ran for an hour. We went from the studio on lower Johnson to the breakwater, ran the breakwater and came back. That was 8.25 KM and it took us an hour of doing 10 minutes of running 1 minute walking. I was very proud of myself for running for that long and far - well worth it as the rain started just after we finished. We ran at a pace of 7:21 per KM which was pretty darn good.

This afternoon our workshop was Vision Boarding. Essentially you want to take your long term/short term goals and a vision of what you want your life to look like in 10 years and be creative.



Mine was a bit more short term, i'm looking at more over the next year. As you can see it is very health/wellness focused which I definitely intend the next 10 years of my life to look like but for right now this board is something I can look at every day and remind myself why I am doing this. From the picture it's hard to read the quotes but I included some of my favorite quotes on there so I can read them when i'm having a tough time. They are:

“Recipe for happiness: Live with enthusiasm, smile for no reason, love without conditions, act with purpose, listen with your heart, and laugh often.”

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.”

“It’s hard to beat a person that never gives up.”

“You will never find time for anything. You must make it.”

“There are only two options regarding commitment. You’re either IN or you’re OUT. There’s no such thing as life in-between.”

“Fear less, hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours.”

“There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.”

“Excellence is the result of caring more than others think wise, risking more than others think safe, dreaming more than others think practical, and expecting more than others think possible.”

“Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm.”

This Vision Board will be an ongoing project for sure. It's something I can add too anytime I come across a picture/quote that I like, but it can be in my bedroom so I can see it every day. For those of you who have never done this I highly suggest trying it, it is fun to be creative and a good use of those old magazines you got lying around.

Tomorrow is weigh in day and I definitely won't be in ONEderland yet, unless there is some miracle, but I am hoping to be that much closer. The last few weeks the numbers have been going down slow, but they are going down and that is the important thing. Here's to an epic Sunday Biggest Winner workout & weigh in followed by RE-BAR! YUM YUM YUM

No comments: