Thursday, January 13, 2011

H2O Happiness



If you saw someone put time and effort into creating a beautiful piece of art and then crumpled it up right in front of you and threw it away what would you think? You'd probably think that they were insane, why did they just spend all that time and effort on creating a masterpiece and then throw it away? This is no different then spending an hour or two sweating and hurting in the gym and then not respect your body enough to re-fuel it with H2O.

I've heard every excuse under the sun, heck I've given them, but I realized a long time ago that in order to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle water is vital. We hear 8 glasses of water a day, and really that's not that much if you think about how much time you have in the day. But realistically you need more than 8 glasses, especially if you are working out or are overweight. I went from drinking literally 1 glass of water a day to now drinking 3-4 liters every day. I truly believe the fact that I am consistent with drinking water has helped me with being so successful in my weight loss.

Excuse - I don't like the taste of water
Why don't you like it? Is it that you don't like it luke warm or you don't like it too cold? For me I cannot drink room temperature water, unless i'm dying of thirst, but I love the taste of cold water. If temperature isn't a concern try adding a lemon wedge to your water, or some mint leaves, or frozen fruit, whatever you prefer. You can also try herbal tea, cold or hot. But make a commitment to have at good portion of your water consumption be plain water. You may find you start to enjoy it.

Excuse - I'm always on the go, I don't have time
Try keeping a bottle of water in every room of your house, or in your entry way so you remember to grab it when you are leaving. You can also make a plan to have at least 2 glasses of water with every meal so that it is incorporated into your eating plan for the day. You may be on the go, but you are eating.

If I haven't convinced you yet that drinking water is important maybe these will. There are several benefits associated with drinking sufficient water.

#1 - It promotes weight loss - water flushes out the byproducts of fat breakdown
#2 - You will have more energy - water regulates your body temperature and will allow you to be more productive in your workouts
#3 - You will be more productive at work - your brain is made up mostly of water so by drinking sufficient water you will allow your brain to work to its full potential
#4 - You will improve the quality of your skin - water assists in replenishing skin tissues, increase skin elasticity and moisturized your skin.
#5 - It helps in digestion - Water raises your metabolism and assists in digestion.
#6 - Less likely to injure yourself - Water helps keep your muscles and joints lubricated so you will be less likely to get sprains and cramps.
#7 - You will feel GOOD - drinking water will help fight against flu, kidney stones, heart attack and other ailments. Your body feels good and your mood improves. Water = HAPPY
#8 - Reduces your risk of cancer - certain studies show that drinking water may reduce the risks of bladder cancer and colon cancer. Water has been shown to dilute the concentration of cancer-causing agents in the urine.

3 comments:

Shawna said...

Great Post!

I find that if I forget to have a full bottle or glass of water in front of me, I forget to drink. But as long as I always have it with me I drink water like its going out of style :)

BriannaW said...

Exactly!! And then it just becomes a habit.

waterfilter said...

Great Content.I have appreciate with getting lot of good and reliable information with your post.......
Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection......again, beautiful :) I love reading your posts. They make me happy . . I know something information, to know you can click here

reverse osmosis
bottled water