Sunday, November 21, 2010

Motivation comes from you

Yesterday I was reading through my Facebook feed and came across this post from Bob Harper from the Biggest Loser. He says "Motivation has to come from within that part of your soul that truly wants change". How true is that, sometimes I forget that I am ultimately the one that has to motivate me. I can't sit around and wait for someone to motivate me or to get me off the couch, I have to do it for myself and no one else. I remember before I started this journey there would be a constant stream of questions/statements from family such as "why don't you just go to the gym more?" or "you really should lose some weight". But no one ever gave me the tools to do it. I also realize though that it would never happen until I was ready to do it for myself. Just like Bob said you must truly want the change. I do want the change, this is my time and this time it will last forever.

No comments: