Sunday, November 28, 2010

Combating the Holiday Season

This is my favorite time of year, with Christmas coming up and family, the holiday season is always a special time. This year my sister, brother and their kids are going to California to see their Mom and Aunt for Christmas. Without the kids here it's not going to feel like Christmas, I guess it's kinda put me in a bit of a rut and not feeling excited as I usually am. But with this cold weather it's made it feel more like the holidays.

Weight loss and holidays don't mix well for the most part, but for this year I want to continue on the right path. I'm still going to allow myself to indulge, an egg nogg late every couple weeks - but not every day! My holiday season commitments for 2010 are:

1. I'll make "clean" holiday baking instead of sugary desserts.
2. I won't drink wine EVERY night
3. I will drink 3 Liters of water every day
4. I will make it to all my workouts
5. I will prepare my meals the night before instead of being in a rush in the morning.

I know if I follow these simple rules that i'll come out on top in the new year.

No comments: