Sunday, October 3, 2010

The start of a new 12 week commitment



Never could I have expected when I started Biggest Winners that I would have succeeded. I have a hard time believing in myself, even though I prove to myself every day that I am conquering. I'm not sure why it is so difficult to think positively about my accomplishments. Maybe it's a fear that if I really accept that i'm doing this that I will fail. I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm going to succeed. Every day is a fresh day, every day is a Day One! Regardless if I mess up yesterday I can make it successful today. This card from my fellow Biggest Winners is amazing. I feel so supported with these amazing women who inspire me daily to continue. When I think about sleeping in, instead of waking up for bootcamp, I remind myself of all of them. You ladies are what keep me going and thank you right back at you.

Today was day one of the new Biggest Winners session, there are some returning faces and some new ones. I'm so excited to push myself to limits i've never pushed myself to before. Today we did fitness tests. Part of the fitness test was to run as far as we could for 20 mins on the songhees, get a marker and run back. we will do the same test again in 12 weeks. I got all the way to the tennis courts which I was surprised with. I also pushed myself super hard to keep running and not stop. On my 20 min run back to the studio I only stopped 4 times to walk, and on the walk break I only stopped for 20 seconds. I tell you I could not have done this 12 weeks ago! I will keep running and keep running and keep running.

On another note - I bought 2 size 14 jeans yesterday for my "goal" pants. At the beginning of last session I was wearing an 18/20. In the middle, I bought a 16 and it was tight but it fit. I couldn't fit into one of the 14's - it buttoned up but did not zip up. The other one I could actually put on and zip up and button up!!! So awesome! I honestly cannot tell you the last time I was a 14, maybe grade 8? Given, they are tight but I know by the end of another 12 weeks I'm going to be in those 14s with no problem.

“The principle is competing against yourself. It’s about self-improvement, about being better than you were the day before.”

No comments: