Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Living the Mantra - Your Outlook

"Your outlook on life is a direct reflection of how much you like yourself."

In toastmasters today we talked about things that scare us, weather that is losing a loved one, talking in front of a crowd of people or change, the bottom line is it all really comes back to you. The one thing that scares each of us the most is often ourselves. I have an internal battle in my head which tells me that I can't do this, that I won't succeed and always second guessing. I have to constantly use positive self talk to remind myself how far I’ve come and that I've proven time and time again that I really can do this. The LuLuLemon Mantra is so right - your outlook on life is absolutely a reflection on how much you like yourself. Some days it is a struggle to just get myself out of bed and to face the day. Some days I will be honest, I really don't like myself, I hate the way I look, I just can't seem to find the right thing to wear. But I bring myself back to the mantra and I have it up in my bedroom for that very reason. I read it and read it again until I have reminded myself that I am blessed and that things will not change unless I make the change. I can't lose momentum now and must continue on.
The hardest thing for me is the second guessing. I am finally at a point in my life where I feel like I have an amazing group of friends who care for me, but sometimes I feel like i’m an outcast – but logically I know that is just me, that is me being negative and not being confident. This is for me to work on and move past.
This journey is honestly not just about changing me on the outside but changing me on the inside to and it’s a tough struggle. All I can do is live each day and know that I can only go up from here!

3 comments:

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

Brianna: Hope you don't mind, at times I follow your blogs (when you post them on FB). Thanks for being so honest - it's like everything you are saying - I'm feeling! I particularly feel really inspired by this post. "LuLuLemon Mantra is so right - your outlook on life is absolutely a reflection on how much you like yourself."
Very "eye opening" blog. Thanks for sharing.

emshaw said...

Love this blog post Brianna. I had one of those mornings this morning "I hate the way I look, none of these clothes look good on me..." but after reading this my outlook has improved.
You're the best!