Friday, August 27, 2010

Living the Mantra

So I haven't been so good with writing as much as I have been. It's in the back of my head that I should, but then I have this internal battle that is like "well why would anyone really want to read this anyway". It's those negative thoughts and self doubt that keep popping up. I realized today though that I need to not worry, i'm not writing this in hopes that everyone reads it, i'm writing it for me and to keep myself focused. If someone wants to join me on that journey they are more than welcome.

Those who know me know that I am a pretty shy person, it's difficult for me to "share" with others. When I started at the branch im in right now I joined Toastmasters. A few months ago I did a "motivational" speech about my weight loss journey. The focus of my speech was my LuLu Lemon waterbottle

This waterbottle is literally the only thing I own from Lululemon - well apart from a poster in my bedroom with the same mantra on it. I do read it all the time and it keeps me motivated. I think it is the perfect thing to keep me focused though and remind me how far i've come. My goal one day is to actually wear some "lulus" but for now living the mantra will have to do.

1 comment:

emshaw said...

Love reading about your journey Brianna! Keep up the amazing work!!