Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Who is standing in your way?

Food Journal - July 6

Today was our personal training class at Esquimalt Rec, another excellent session with my workout buddies :). We focused alot on upper body and I can deffinitly feel it in my arms and sholders. Mixed in to our strength training was cardio spurts which were our choice of skipping or jumping jacks. As kids we could skip for hours on end and never get tired, i'll tell you it's not the same as an adult - that's for sure! I belive that I pushed myself past a level that I wasn't used to with the weights. I was using heavier weights than I was used to and pushed through the pain instead of allowing it to stop me.

It would be easy for me to sit here and blame people and situations that made me this way, but I don't. There is no point in dwelling in the past mistakes, I know you can really only move forward and not change what happened yesterday. It's really only me myself and I that is stopping me from the success that I want. I know that logically but sometimes there is this voice inside that just is so self sabotoging. Tonight was movie night - I got the pop and the popcorn (no butter) - but the difference was instead of downing the whole cup of pop and bag of popcorn, I ate 1/2 the popcorn and had about 1/3 of the pop. I stopped! that for me is a huge success, the old me would have just ate it all. It was an internal struggle to put it down and just STOP.

"Something we were withholding made us weak, until we found it was ourselves."

- Robert Frost

1 comment:

BobbiForever said...

Brianna I am absolutely loving the journal and the progress update. You are looking fabulous and an inspiration for those who say I can't do it! I look forward to more!