Saturday, July 24, 2010

A New Challenge

Bootcamp yesterday morning was good, it was a run day, we went down to the parliament buildings and did some sprints, lunches, push ups on the walkway all while being cheered on by the security guards. I don't know if I was just tired, but I didn't feel like I had as much energy. I didn't eat much beforehand though, so that could have played a roll. We came home after and had a protein shake for breakfast, super yummy chocolate, banana & peanut butter.

Work on Friday proved to be interesting...I met with a business owner, 92 years old, who by the end our meeting had congratulated me on being pregnant. My only response to that was no and her response was "I'm sorry dear, I have a friend with a similar build". I was totally taken aback by her comment. Even when I was 100 lbs heavier I was never told I looked pregnant. And I don't think I do, at least I hope not. But it's still hard to stomach the comment. Granted, she's 92 and probably has no social filter in terms of what she's saying, but words still sting. All I can do is move on and keep traveling on this road I’m on.

This morning I woke up and wasn't sure how the day would play out but it worked out well. I ended up going to the Drill class at BDHQ for the first time. It was a set of about 30 stations and we went through each of them once. I got an awesome sweat on from that class and will definitely try it again. I may have to drag my husband.

Tomorrow is weigh in day so fingers crossed for some good numbers!! I’ve been good and have not peaked at the scale :)

No comments: