Friday, July 30, 2010

Long Weekend!!

Today is the start of my 4 day long weekend. Today, my flex day, and then Monday is the Stat. I still had to get up at 5AM though for Biggest Winners. The last few classes we've had have been indoors. Today was another run. We ran from the studio basically down to fisherman’s warf. I find it takes me about 30 mins or so to get into the run and be able to go for a long period of time, so it was a lot of run/walking. What I have to focus on now though is transitioning from the walking back to running faster, so less recovery time. On the way back I kept telling myself I was going to run the whole way. Well I ran from fisherman’s Warf to the inner harbour without stopping and then we did stairs so there was stopping in terms of the run. But I did run all the way back to the studio without stopping after that, that is further than I have ever gone before without stopping. I burned about 700 calories on my hour run - AWESOME!! The running definitely gets me some good cardio, just have to keep practicing.

We weighed in this morning instead of Sunday because we are going to be hiking Mt. Work and will have nowhere to weigh in. So it was realistically only 5 days instead of 7 between weigh ins. But I was down another 0.8 Lbs. I'm happy with that, but was hoping for more, though I know I didn't work out on Tuesday or Thursday so I definitely could have been pushing myself harder than I was. You only get out of it what you put in, so I just have to be more focused.

On a positive note my clean eating books came today, so I will have to spend some time going through them and maybe try some recipes out.

Goal for the long weekend: Workout each day and drink enough water!

"Energy is the essence of life. Every day you decide how you're going to use it by knowing what you want and what it takes to reach that goal, and by maintaining focus"

No comments: