Weight Loss that is.. The concept is pretty straight forward, eat healthy & exercise - but its deffinitly not easy. The following is taken from an article on Spark People and I think it's very good advice to follow. It may not be realistic to change everything overnight but by taking small steps you can make positive changes in your life.
1. Your Attitude. you have to change your way of thinking from a negative to a positive way of thinking. You have to know what you want and you can't let anything sway your thinking
2. Your Workouts. It is possible to lose weight without exercise but if you start and stick to a routine you'll soon be enjoying the fruits of your labor... and getting compliments as an added bonus!
3. Your Eating. By replacing unhealthy foods with good, nutritious foods you're on the right track to weight loss success!you may have to
•Keep a food journal
•Spend more time in the grocery store reading food labels
•Spend more time preparing meals
•Saying no to extra portions
•Making conscious choices about what you put in your mouth
You need to do what is required to keep you on the path of Knowledge and not stray from your new lifestyle!
4. Your Lifestyle. If you want a healthy life, you have to be willing to change how you live. It doesn't mean changing everything overnight, but simply being open to new ways of doing things.
less sweets, less desserts, smaller portions, smaller plates, starting or continuing a workout schedule...
5. Your Surroundings. When you're at home do you have instant comfort foods at hand... donuts, candy bars, pop, chips, cake, pastries etc... If you do these things are contributing to your problems. Try to reduce or eliminate problem foods around your environment
6. Your Support System. If a family member or co-worker is always offering you donuts, candy, another helping of this and that, it's time to talk to the and explain what you're doing and to get them help rather than hinder your progress
7. Your Spiritual and Mental Health. It's time to take care of yourself both spiritually and mentally. the past hurts but if you truly want to be free, you'll be wanting to lose the "extra Baggage you're carrying around and start to live once more.
8. Your Goals. If you truly want to get ahead, you'll need to make some attainable goals. small goals, and then work on them one step at a time! It's easier than you think. Just break down those huge goals into smaller goals. example: I want to lose 100 pounds! Break it down into 10 smaller goals 10 pounds at a time and work on them individually...
9. Your Flexibility. if you need to keep a rigid schedule maybe it's time to make the schedule flexible. If I can't work out at 8 in the morning, perhaps after work I can fit it in. Learn to be flexible
10. Your Willingness to Fail. you know that some days will not be perfect and that if by some chance you can't complete you're daily routine... nutritionally, mentally or physically, be prepared to accept the fact that you weren't perfect and start out fresh the day after. Never ever ever give up on yourself. If you had a problem the day before... you're life must go on... and you must start out fresh... then and only then will you be able to move forward.
Always remember... You're worth it! and You can do it!