Sunday, July 18, 2010

Conquering Mt Doug

For the last few days I have been super on track with my clean eating plan. I've kind of felt a sense of relief embracing this. I don't need to be so worried about calories, and I feel like I have a lot of options. It's kind of like once I let that calorie counting thought go, it all made sense.

Friday morning we did a run in the Inner Harbour, again a lot of hills, and I pushed myself to the limits. I can tell my running is getting better; I can push myself for longer periods of time which is awesome. I want to be able to just keep the same pace throughout the whole run, that's the next step.

Today was our 2 hour workout and weigh in. I was really nervous going into this morning first because I was scared I hadn't lost any weight again and second because we were hiking Mt Doug!! That I had never done, and to be honest I didn’t think I could do it. Today's weigh in shows me down 8 LBS!! I was like - this thing must be broken, I can't be down that much in 1 week. But I was, I even weighed myself when I got home and it was the same. 241.4 LBS!! This is the lowest I Have been thus far in my journey. That puts me at 118.6 lbs lost to date. I just have to remind myself not to expect this kind of result every week, but to stick with the plan and keep going. 8 LBS puts me almost at my goal for July which is 10 lbs.

Tonight I synched my Body Media device with the computer as I was curious to see how many calories I burned on the hike. 1200 calories in 2 hrs on the hike, and today I have taken just under 22,000 steps!! WOW is all I can say to that. I did do a lot of walking today, Mt. Doug and then also went downtown after, but 22,000 - that's insane!! I am so motivated now, apart from my swollen knee, hoping that is better for tomorrow.

No comments: