Sunday, July 11, 2010

Biggest Winner - Day 4

I woke up this morning - 6AM - to what I thought had been such an awesome weekend, I was focused, I stayed on track with my eating and my calories, I drank my water, I did alot of walking. Then I got to bootcamp and my weigh in and found out I apparently gained 1/2 a pound. I literally felt like just walking away and inside I was fighting so hard to not break down. I mean 1/2 a pound doesn't sound like alot, but when I put so much effort and focus into this week and I see no results it is beyond frustrating. Sometimes it is so hard not to walk away, but I have to remind myself that I have to keep going and that I know I am doing this the right way.

Our workout was pretty similar to the days before, a run, lunges, squats, push ups, tricep dips.. I was impressed at how far I could run without stopping. We ran along Dallas Rd. and it was a beautiful day for it. I deffinitly got alot of sun though, next time i'll need to make sure I put sunscrean on though.

After the workout we came back to the life coach's house for a workshop. Basically they took us through how the Biggest Winner works, what the guidlines are and how they can support you. I am all on board for the workouts which is basically 6 days a week (4 with the group and 2 on your own), im also good with the water consumption which is 3 litres per day. My issue is the food, I need to figure out what works for my body.

Biggest Winner wants you to follow Clean Eating principles. Basically what that is is 5-6 small meals per day. In each meal you want to include a protien, good fat and carb. So for example a salad with tuna & light mayo on top or oatmeal with fruit and cinnamon. It does take alot of focus, for sure, but I think I need to embrace this because obviously the way I am doing this is not working. They also say they don't want us to count calories. Just do the 5-6 small means and make sure you include the essentials. Cut out sugars, white flour and processed foods. You can replace sugar with natural sweetners such as honey. I realize this isn't going to happen for me overnight but like I said I am going to try and embrace this. I will still keep track of my food, but not from a calorie standpoint, more from a "knowing what I put in my body" standpoint. I'll see how it works.

No comments: