Monday, July 5, 2010

Biggest Winner - Day 1

Food Journal - July 5
Starting Weight (Boot Camp Day 1): 248.6 lbs

Tonight was the first day of "Biggest Winner" Bootcamp at Body HQ. I am so happy with my choice to change from Aura. The staff here all seem so excited to help you and are there to support you, its not just about the workout. I have to stay focused and determined, but knowing that I have a group of people to share this journey with will help me so much. We used tires as part of our workout which was totally different than anything i've ever done before. We also did some fitness assesments which we will do again to see how far we've come. I really like the fact that there is so much variety to the workouts, you don't know what to expect.

I've also been wearing my Body Media device consistenly which has shown me that I really wasnt eating enough. On a day where I do minimal exercise i'm burning about 2500 calories which means I need to eat at minum 1500 calories. on high intensity days i'm burning upwards of 3500 calories so I have to seriously up my calories to at least 2000. I could deffinitly find ways to "spend" 2000 calories, but I have to make sure its healthy food. It's just changing my mentality to eat more, really not as easy as you think it would be. It's going to be a matter of adding more complex carbs.

Sometimes I wish I could be one of those people who could eat whatever they want and it doesn't matter, ok let's be honest, I wish that all the time - but i'm not and never will. I just had to come to the realization that being careful about what I put in my body will always be my reality.

No comments: